my name is Gianpietro Fabre, I’m a VFX artist specialized in modelling and texturing for feature films and videogames. Here is a sum of my skills:
- Take Concept Art and interpret it into plans for realistic, low poly or high poly, accurate model. Research and document appropriate references, for example accurate anatomy or mechanics and scale.
- Build digital assets (characters, creatures, hard surface models, props, environments) and reach an accurate and efficient level of detail appropriate to a real-time videogame, pre-visualization environment, or high-end CG sequence.
- Create extensive texture and UV layouts for texturing assets that are appropriate to the style of the film and match other artists work.
- Strong teamwork capability combined with great self management.
- Mar 2014 / Present – THE MOVING PICTURE COMPANY (MPC)
Lead Modelling / Texturing TD
- Dec 2013 / Feb 2014 – DOUBLE NEGATIVE
- Oct 2013 / Nov 2013 – RIVER FILM
Freelance VFX artist
- Aug 2013 / Sep 2013 – DOUBLE NEGATIVE
- Jan 2013 / Jul 2013 – THE MOVING PICTURE COMPANY (MPC)
Modelling / Texturing TD
- Jan 2008 / Nov 2012 – WETA DIGITAL
Previs artist, environments modeler
- May 2007 – VIRTUAL REALITY MULTIMEDIA PARK
“3D Studio Max – introduction” course tutor
- Apr 2004 / Dec 2007 – MILESTONE
Senior/Lead 3D/2D artist
- 2003 / 2004 – NAYMA SOFTWARE
C++ developer, 2Dartist
- Maya, 3D Studio Max, Softimage XSI, UV Layout, Vray
- ZBrush, Mudbox
- Photoshop, Nuke, Mari, Katana
- After Effects, Premiere, Lightroom